Saturday, October 11, 2008

Abortion vs. Relision

Here is my standing on abortion: I dont like it. Im sad that there is such an option in current times. HOWEVER I dont believe that anyone, government or non government, can tell me that I cant have it done. It is the right of every American woman to undergo such an operation should she see reason to. Perhaps she was raped, perhaps she is too young, maybe she knows she cant sapport her child. I understand how people can be pro-life, and I know that they have every right to be, but the people that sapport that the most are greatly influenced by there religion, and thats just fine. But what if my religion says its okay? What if my religion says to do whats logical? This is America and we have the freedom of religion, we should have the freedom of abortion god damnit!!!(That was a joke, of course, probably inapropriate, but it was funny)

Any way what it comes down to is that freedom is freedom, and it doesnt matter what you particularly believe in or sapport, so much as if you let go of your freedoms, or anyone elses for that matter, eventually they will all be gone.

"Hold on to your illusions, for when they are gone, you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

I completely agree with you. I believe that abortion is a bad thing, but I also believe that people should have the right to be able to have an abortion. I had an entire argument about that with my friend after some kids in my Public Speaking class did a discussion on teenage pregnancy.

gabrielle said...

You make a number of excellent points. I silently laughed at your joke. I, personally, am pro-choice, however, i believe the mother should be encouraged to have her child and if she is unable to keep it for whatever reason, she should concider adoption. After all, the child may grow up to do amazing things like cure AIDS or stop global warming